Thursday, March 02, 2006

More OLD NEWS


CHAPTER 2: FORT WILLIAM

The first stop on our self-guided tour of the highlands was Fort William, an old town on Loch Lochy (imaginative, these Scots!). We stayed in the old house of the Campbells, who were put there by the English to keep a watch on the town. Nearby was Inverlochy Castle, a real medieval castle with stone and towers and everything! It was Heather's first. I bumped my head on it and bled profusely. We also visited the cemetery. Good eye, Heather! And Merry Christmas, everyone!

6 comments:

Xolvox_chick85 said...

Wow Heather, that is a really good eye you have there. I laughed!

Telephone the Foot said...

It bothers me somewhat that they have that sign posted at a graveyard, of all places. The question remains, though: Are they crossing the road into the graveyard, or out of it?

Tia said...

When my parents get older, I am going to go to Scotland and steal that sign to put in our yard. Yay.
Tia

Telephone the Foot said...

I wonder if the old people cross over out of the graveyard to play soccer...I'm sorry, football (whatever)...in the field across the street.

Joel A. Shaver said...

It's more likely that the sign is to protect retiring footballers making their way across the street for their final rest...

Matt Robinson said...

I know you've probably heard enough about the old people sign, but I just have to say, I love that picture.