Sunday, March 02, 2008

Did I ever tell you about last summer?




There are a bunch of things that happened last summer, and I never told you guys about all of them. First, my cousin Erik came over. He came to Glasgow and didn't know where I lived, so went to talk to the University. The University gave me a call, and then he came over and stayed with us for a while. While he was here, our friends Robb and Andrew came too, so we all went some places and saw some cows and a ruined castle and a river and a dam with a fish ladder (in Pitlochry). We also spent a day in Edinburgh hanging out and looking tough.

After everyone left and Heather's family came, and then they left, and September came, we realized that things were getting colder, darker, and wetter, so Heather and I went camping (near a town called Kilmahogg). In Scotland you can camp where ever you feel like camping as long as you're polite and don't scare the cows or chickens, so we camped in a ruined building of some kind up on a hill. There were sheep all around us and we could hear them all night. I think I have a recording somewhere of all the sheep, so I could post that later. Anyway, here are some pictures. As always, there are more on Heather's Photobucket site.

I learned in my yearbook class that it's bad to leave too much white space in between pictures and text, so I have to write something here.

10 comments:

robb said...

What a great summer! I've got some more photos of the Scotland trip:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robbplusjessie/...

kreisler said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I miss you guys.

-Bryan

Anonymous said...

hello

just to say that your blog is very funny, why don't you write more often? buy the way, i'm french so sorry for my english!
bonne journée et à plus!

Anonymous said...

hello

this is me again (the french girl) i just saw something: i wanted to write "by the way" and not "buy the way", i told you, i'm french....

Joel A. Shaver said...

Hello, anonymous French commenter. That's very mysterious. Thank you for the compliment! I'd write more, but ... I don't. I try to do at least one post per month, sometimes two. The reason for this paucity could be either that I'm lazy or busy. You can guess which.

Your English seems fine... Much better than my French!

Anonymous said...

bonjour

the anonymous french girl is back!
glad you answered.
it's funny to think that we don't know each other and still we talk (a little), it's funny to think that me in france and you in scotland can have a chat (i know, i know, that's internet "la magie du web")
anyway just a little word to wish you a pleasant day, i hope the weather is good there, which is not often the case.
bonne journée!

Lady Bothwell said...

Hello, very interesting site.
I'm looking for my husbands family roots. His name is Robert Bothwell and I am by marriage JOAN Bothwell from Michigan USA. find us at Sunrise48768@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

very funny this last message.
i don't know, but i can't see anything on that blog that deals with family roots ... but maybe that's a new job for you, joel... have fun!
bonne soirée

D said...

Pitlochry! Cool little town, but we couldn't quite figure out what the fish ladder did to bring so many people for a visit ... except for being, maybe, something other than the wee little town.

Stumbled upon your blog at the expat blog directory - we're also from the West Coast of the US, studying at Glasgow Uni.

Small world.

-D