Sunday, May 25, 2008

Granola

I made some granola yesterday. It is pretty different than granola I've made previously. Instead of just oats, I mixed mostly oats, and some rye flakes, and some pearl barley flakes. This gives it a bit more of a chewy texture, b/c one of those requires a bit more cooking than typical oats. It also makes it taste a bit more healthy and interesting. For the nut and seed part, I added a mixture of
almonds, cashews, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds (I used up all the bits left in the cupboard). The sunflower seeds put in a bit of interest to the flavour. I think I put in a bit of chopped peanuts too, which I wouldn't do the second time, b/c I think it's made it a bit more salty/savoury than I would prefer (They were salted peanuts). After it all cooled, I threw in a bunch of raisins to top it off. All in all I think it's good, and it feels like it's filling up little pockets of nutrition all over my body that normally get missed (with the pumpkin seeds and barley and rye flakes and all). Mmm.

1 comment:

William Scott Mc Cafferty said...

Granola, is that not what you line a hamster cage with?