Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What makes our marriage work:

Hamburgers.

There have been times when Joel is not so emotive, if you know him you know this is fairly often. Sometimes he's a bit flat, and if you are looking for an exuberant response you better just go elsewhere...
Well in those cases, I have found the solution...
suggest we can have hamburgers for dinner soon!

I did this last week and Joel went from about the excitement of a nervous turtle straight to the unharnessed hype of a chihuahua.

Maybe we should have hamburgers every night.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Oops I totally meant to post this on my blog. oh well. sorry...

Jessie said...

Oh my goodness. That is brilliant. Robb is just like that, too. For him, though, it's steak. Or I made really good potato pancakes. I swear he wanted to marry me all over again.

William Scott Mc Cafferty said...

you could always go on the atkins diet and then you could have hamburgers every night!

Peter and Beth said...

hahaha...too funny! Glad you figured out what's important.