Thursday, August 07, 2008

Joel leaves, home subsequently shatters.

  1. Food waste is up. Way up. So far I've had to throw away:
  • a half bag of salad
  • leftover couscous with sweet raisin/apricot chicken stuff
  • leftover rice (it was too late for rice pudding)
  • an apple
  • a lime
  • there's some ham nearing the end.
This is getting dire, folks! I need the man's belly!
  1. Basil is down. Something is wrong with my adorable wee beloved cretin. He isn't as fiery as he used to be, he isn't even trying to bite my fingers when I stick them in his cage. When I hold him he doesn't resist me pulling out of his cage, and he doesn't run for my shoulders right away either.
  2. These numbers are all messed up. There's two number ones and these are ALL the sort of problems no one but JOEL can fix. Let's petition for him to come back.

8 comments:

Heather said...

ah ha hah a THE IRONY. There aren't even ANY numbers when it finally posts on the blog! Just little flower thingys. Man this is getting ridiculous.

Jessie said...

poor heather.

well. good news. when your post showed up on the rss feed, i saw numbers! all of them.

life is difficult when there is only one stomach to feed. and poor basil. at first i thought you were talking about a plant. and i was like, "my basil doesn't bite"... duh.

come back joel!

Anonymous said...

I hate it when I have to throw out perfectly good food just because we can't eat it fast enough. That happens a lot with our cucumbers and lettuce. : (

Here's my signature on the petition! Come back soon to Heather, Joel!!!

Mom

Heather said...

That is good to hear, Jessie! Numbers on the RSS.
Ha ha, well, my basil plant doesn't bite either...!

Mom, you have cucumbers? I don't remember EVER having cucumbers when we were growing up! If Joel was there he'd eat all your cucumbers for you. He loves them.

DaviMack said...

Yep - shows up as numbers in the feed. I'd suspect it's because you have this in your template:

.post li {
line-height:1.5em;
list-style:none;
background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/scribe/list_icon.gif") no-repeat 0px .3em;
vertical-align:top;
padding: 0 0 .6em 17px;
margin:0;
}


The offensive line is bold. This may or may not be the case, but that's my guess at it.

DaviMack said...

It's been 12 days since this post. One hopes that you've 1) managed to go grocery shopping, 2) had Joel return home.

Are you well?

Heather said...

Thanks, D.
1) We are for now trying to finish off the contents of our freezer b/c it's waaay too full. So we've gotten the essentials for groceries, yes.
2) Joel is home, thankfully.
3) Basil has died, to our great sorrow and inconsolable grief. Awaiting a memorial post...

DaviMack said...

Basil really is a finicky thing, isn't it?

Glad that Joel's back and that all's well.

Settling in for the new school year?