Sunday, June 07, 2009

The most promising knitting results so far:

This is a matching hat and bootie set that I knitted for Scarlet, the baby girl due to arrive any moment now to our pastor and his wife here in Glasgow.
The hat is this pattern. It's simple and fast (the joy of knitting for babies!), and I love how it turned out! The ribbon weaves in and out of the little eyelets around the hat.The booties are Saartje's Bootees on Ravelry. These are pretty simple, I had a bit of trouble with the straps, but worked through it somehow. Whether or not it's how it was meant to be done is fairly irrelevant, as it turned out fine!

The wool is 50% wool, 50% alpaca and several mothers I asked thought it would be soft enough for a baby. The photos don't do the wool justice, it really is beautiful. A dusk purple, with the most subtle little pink here and there, if you are actually looking for it.

What do you think? I'm quite proud of them!

8 comments:

tanita davis said...

Identified: the sin of envy.
Gosh, Heather, I'm about to cry. Those are BEAUTIFUL. Lucky Scarlet Jr.

Jessie said...

What a beautiful set! Makes me think I should break out my needles.

Find me on Ravelry: jstank. :)

DaviMack said...

Awesome knitting, Heather!

Will we manage to meet you guys before you go home? I wonder.

Beth said...

superwoman! Too cute!

Dave and Vicky Emmerson said...

You are the bomb.com!!! Seriously, I'm slightly jealous...not that I cant do that sort of thing but that Scarlett will for sure look cooler than Eli in the imaginary playground in my head. Perhaps I'll have to whip something super cool from Eli's wardrobe to counter act....

Krista said...

Those baby shoes are SO cute--I love the buttons on those things!

Miss Elissa said...

I love the shoes--so cute! And it looks quite difficult... I'm impressed!

Stephanie said...

So I've decided when we have another baby I would like this exact same set! Soooo adorable Heather! I miss you sooo much! We must get together!