Monday, March 21, 2011

The dissertation

If you have already heard about this on Facebook or by e-mail, I apologize. I promise this is the last time I will bring it up, ever.

I am writing this post to inform the rest of you that my dissertation, Metaphors of Travel in the Language of Hymns, has been accepted, and I am at long last qualified to receive a PhD in English Language from the University of Glasgow.

If you'd like to read my dissertation, it is available to download as a free pdf file from the University library:
http://theses.gla.ac.uk/2381/

Thanks, everyone, for your support and friendship!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

EVER!!!??? Okay, I'LL mention it for you, Dr. Shaver!

Mom

Dominic Rivron said...

Great title! I was reading Nathaniel Hawthorne's Celestial Railroad only the other day - a strange story, perhaps not unrelated.

David T. Macknet said...

Congratulations on finishing it. Can you feel my envy from where you are? ;)