Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Oh my goodness.

Way back in spring of this year, I cast on for this beautiful little project in a natural wool tweed. Before we knew Marie was Marie, and actually, before we knew the baby was a she. I love this little vest, and knew from knitting it once before that I wanted my babe to be wrapped in it.
But oh my, how can it fit her so perfectly already? Seeing her in it is so precious, and I can't resist even more cuddles of that warm little belly and baby-scented neck. But it fitting her means she will grow. Bigger and older and wiser.I must keep reminding her to take her time growing.
Do you think she will listen?

7 comments:

Natalie Minnich said...

unfortunately, no. That vest is adorable, especially with the more adorable baby inside!

Beth said...

It goes so quickly, doesn't it? Glad you're enjoying your moments!! She is cute, indeed! Thanks for posting the pics with your family, too, Heather! I know Unkie Cal and Aunt Randi must be gushing with love for sweet Marie!

Lisa said...

now that's the kind of babywear I appreciate! None of that pink fluffy nonsense :)

Shelley said...

You can always make another one (baby or vest).

tanita davis said...

Wow - that's the most constructed newborn outfit I have *ever* seen. She looks like quite the little lady.

I'm with Shelley; once Marie grows out of it (in ten minutes) fold that sucker up in the cedar chest for Marie II - or Marc.

Liz said...

Your baby is so perfect with her little round tweeded belly and her *RED* hair! Congratulations again. xoxox

Rebecca said...

So cute, I love it! I can't believe she is already that big though, wow!